Would you want to live at your Central Valley Rental Property? If the answer is no, then it’s time to take an honest look at your rental property and ask yourself if it’s really “habitable” because if you can’t fathom yourself living there then why should you consider it to be a decent place to rent to your tenants?
What Does Your Rental Property Really Offer Tenants?
Besides having 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, what does your rental property really have to offer tenants? If you haven’t made repairs or improvements to your rental property in some time then it’s time to get your rental property back in shape by doing the following:
- Paint the inside of your rental property.
- Replace carpet and flooring (if needed).
- Remove old light fixtures and replace with new light fixtures.
- Clean the HVAC system.
- Rent a power washer and clean the exterior of your rental property including the driveway and sidewalk.
- Improve curb appeal by planting new drought resistant grass and flowers. You should also paint the front door and mailbox if needed.
- Make improvements to the kitchen in your Central Valley Rental Property. Paint or refinish the cabinets, install new flooring and add a new kitchen sink (if needed).
- Rehab the bathroom with a new energy efficient toilet, vanity and refinish the shower/tub.
- Create a usable entertaining space in the backyard by installing a brick patio or small deck.
Look At Your Rental through the Eyes of Your Tenants
Anything at your Central Valley Rental Property that could potential turn away tenants like bad landscaping or curb appeal should be eliminated while new features that attract tenants should be added because improving the quality of your rental property will increase its value, help you to rent it for more money and attract excellent tenants who would potentially be long term tenants.
Get Central Valley Property Management
For affordable Central Valley Property Management contact RPM Central Valley today by calling CLICKING HERE or calling us at (209) 572-2222.