Have you been thinking about making upgrades to your Central Valley Rental Properties? If so, now is the right time to make some improvements but before you decide to invest more money into your rentals the big question you should be asking yourself is which upgrades should you be making?
In this article, we will cover three of the best upgrades you should consider making to your Central Valley Rental Properties in 2016.
Upgrade the Kitchen
Since most Central Valley tenants spend time in the kitchen this is where you should start upgrading your rental property by doing the following:
- Refinish and or repaint kitchen cabinets.
- Replace drawer pulls and cabinet knobs with new hardware.
- Replace flooring in the kitchen with vinyl flooring.
- Purchase matching appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator, and stove).
- Purchase new lighting for the kitchen.
- Add a back splash behind the stove.
Upgrade the Bathroom
If the bathroom in your Central Valley Rental Property was last updated in the 1990’s and has plenty of imitation gold trim, it’s time for a complete bathroom upgrade by doing the following:
- Remove old flooring, especially carpeting, and replace with new vinyl flooring or slate.
- Refinish cabinetry and replace cabinet knobs.
- Add new lighting.
- Refinish the shower/tub combination or consider installing a new shower/tub combo.
- Install a low flow toilet.
Upgrade the Landscaping
Since curb appeal is one of the top things that helps a home to retain its value you should consider improving the curb appeal around one or more of your Central Valley Rental Properties by doing the following:
- Do a complete property clean up
- Replant or re-seed grass.
- Plant new flowers in the garden or trees on the property.
- Paint the front door to your Central Valley rental property.
- Power wash the driveway and sidewalk.
- Consider adding a patio or outdoor grilling station in the backyard to your rental property.
Get Property Management for Your Central Valley Rental Properties
For professional property management for your Central Valley Rental Properties contact RPM Central Valley today by calling us at (209) 572-2222 or click here to connect with us online.